How to confirm whether the computer you are using as a UNSW SOE computer
SOE stands for Standard Operating Environment which means these computers are built and configured by UNSW IT using standard components which may include items such as:
- Common hardware configuration
- Standard base operating system
- Standard application suite
- Standard settings and configurations
The SOE computers are preconfigured for the UNSW environment and thus need less user intervention than non-SOE machines, so user may find separate instructions on this web site for SOE and non-SOE computers.
Click the 'Start' menu and hover your mouse over 'All Programs'. At the top of the programs list, if you see the label 'UNSW System Information' you have a SOE Windows PC.
There are two identifiers for Mac computers:
1. Dual hard discs – System and Data
2. The presence of a 'UNSW Identity Manager' file in the Applications folder