For Staff> UniPass

About the UniPass System

UniPass is a password that you use, together with your UNSW login ID, to access a selection of UNSW Online Services (as listed below). Some schools and faculties also require you to have a UniPass to access their online resources.

Where is UniPass used?

UniPass is used on the following systems:

How do I obtain an initial UniPass?

Salaried staff who are paid via the UNSW payroll system should obtain a UniPass as part of their induction process. If this has not happened, please contact the IT Service Centre on 9385 1333.

Contract staff whose salary is paid outside of the UNSW payroll system (such as via an agency or research funds), visiting academics, emeritus professors and staff of organisations affiliated to UNSW need to fill in an OSA 2 form.

How do I use my UniPass?

To access systems using UniPass, you need to enter your UNSW login ID as your username and your UniPass as your password. Your UNSW login ID for UniPass is a 'z or s' prefix followed by your UNSW ID (staff number) as follows:
  • If you have an 's' staff number as in s1234567 enter that in the username field
  • If you have an 'z' staff number as in z1234567 enter that in the username field
If you are unsure which of these you were provisioned with, refer to the usernames page.

Note that if the password field is labelled zPass you need to use your zPass instead (unless it states that it accepts both UniPass and zPass). For information about zPass refer to the zPass pages.

How do I change my UniPass?

You can change your UniPass yourself by logging into UNSW Identity Manager (IDM) web interface. View instructions on how to change your UniPass in IDM. You can also phone the IT Service Centre on 9385 1333 and request a new UniPass over the phone.

I have lost or forgotten my UniPass

If you have previously used the UNSW Identity Manager (IDM), you can create a new UniPass by clicking the link "Forgotten your password". You can also log into IDM using your zPass - then change your UniPass. View instructions on how to change your UniPass in IDM

If you don't have a zPass or accessed IDM in the past, contact the IT Service Centre on 9385 1333, or visit the centre’s Assistance Counter to have a new UniPass issued.

I can no longer log into myUNSW using my UniPass

For current staff, myUNSW no longer accepts 's' number usernames or UniPass passwords, it now requires a z number username in the form of z1234567 and a zPass password. Staff who have left UNSW over 28 days ago can access myUNSW via wSSO using their UniPass.