Instructions for Windows Users
You can access your Home Drive and Shared Folders off campus via your home Internet connection as follows:
Instructions based on Windows XP
1. Go to Start > My Computer
2. In the left panel click 'My Network Places'
3. In the My Network Places left panel click 'Add a network place'
4. Click 'Next'
5. Click 'Next'
6. Enter the path 'https://myfiles.unsw.edu.au'
Select 'remember password' only if you are using your own computer. Note: you should not select this if you are using a public or untrusted computer such as those in computer labs, libraries and internet cafes.
8. Leave network place name as is (do not rename) then click 'Next'
9. Click 'Finish' to complete the setup wizard
11. The directory myfiles.unsw.edu.au will appear in My Network Places
Once you have set up your 'myfiles.unsw.edu.au' folder you can access it as follows:
1. In the left panel click 'My Network Places'
2. Double-click the 'myfiles.unsw.edu.au' folder
3. You will see the files and folders you have access to. Your Home Drive is inside the Students folder and has your student number (eg z1234567) as the folder name.