Click the link below to log into the IT Self-Service web interface. Your username is a z followed by your student ID as in z1234567 and your password is your zPass. Once you log in you will see the interface illustrated further below.
If you seek assistance regarding an IT service or resource you submit a Service Request. To do this click the Create a new Service Request button in the 'Request Support' area (illustrated below). If your request relates to a failure in IT Infrastructure, such as loss of access to your email or another UNSW online service, you should instead submit an incident notification, below.
Typical service requests:
- Assistance with UniPass or zPass passwords
- UniWide configuration of your laptop
- Information or assistance with online services such as zMail, eLearning Vista, Blackboard
If you want to report that something you were using previously now no longer works or has developed a fault (such as your zMail, myUNSW, my eLearning Vista) you submit and incident notification. To do this click the Create a new Incident button in the 'Request Support' area (illustrated below). If your request relates to something you wish to obtain, get access to or change, submit a Service Request as above.
Typical incident notifications:
- I can no longer log into an online system (eg myUNSW, my eLearning Vista)
- I can no longer access my zMail or receive UNSW emails
- Computer lab equipment is broken or I can't access my account on a faculty file server
- The network seems to be down
Refer to the following areas as illustrated below:
View existing Tickets allows you to access and review the progress of Service Requests and Incident tickets already raised (active and closed).
Search by Ticket number allows you to search for existing tickets (active and closed). You can find ticket numbers in the emails you receive when a ticket is created.
The section Search for a Solution (top right, above) allows you to search for a solution to an issue you have using key words. This area also allows you to view Bookmarks you have already set and to submit new solutions to the Knowledge Base, as below:
- To search for an existing solution enter keywords in the Search for a Solution field, then click th 'Go' button
- To view your Bookmarks, click the My Bookmarks link. Bookmarks can be added or removed using the link on the Knowledge Document window
- To submit a new solution click the Submit Knowledge link, which opens the Submit Knowledge window